2014 has been a great year for me in terms of skincare and makeup! I discovered indies and some new products that have really turned my skin around. Some of these things are no longer available, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t check out their companies, you never know if you are missing one of your favorites!
Without further adieu I present to you my favorites:
- Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream – My Holy Grail! This is my second year of use. My redness is way down and any spots I get are healed in a few days instead of sometimes weeks. It’s incredibly cheap($5-7 depending on where you buy it and it’s current availability) and you don’t need a lot. It’s not incredibly moisturizing though so more drier skinned people may want something more on top of this. It’s just the right amount though for me under my makeup during the day. Not too oily and sinks in well. This product can be found in various places, but recently Ebay/Beautynetkorea has been the cheapest.
- Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel – I’ve had this 4 months now and I can already see a big difference in my face. My skin is a lot more even, a decent amount of my little spots are gone. I use it only at night right now and I can feel it in my face if I skip a day or two, it feels much more rough. Paula’s Choice has a referral program, so if you order through this link–> http://goo.gl/bd4HJy It gives you $10 off your order(and $10 to me for my next order, which will totally go towards some more AHA gel!).
- Beardology Beard Balm – This one isn’t for me(but I love the way it smells!), but the fiancé uses it and likes it a lot. He also has it in sandalwood and that one smells amazing too. It keeps his beard from being too unruly, gives it some softness, and a pretty long lasting scent. He intends to get their beard oil next.
- Sheet Masks! – These things are awesome and I always have some on hand. They are great for anytime your skin needs a little extra boost. I love using them the night before an event, traveling and I don’t want to bring a lot of different potions around, or anytime my skin is just off in a way, whether it be dry or spotty or needing some soothing!
- Eyeshadows! – These are a few of the shadows I have picked up most. Shiro, Notoriously Morbid, Fyrinnae, and Life’s Entropy all make great formulas!
- Notoriously Morbid’s Lip Tint in Glass Berries – As you can see from the photo this has gotten a lot of love from me. It’s the one thing I make sure I have in my pocket! It is just as smooth as glass(some I’ve gotten can get gritty) and it doesn’t go on streaky.
- Darling Clandestine’s Grace – This one I was unsure about, but I use it 3+ times a week. No longer available, but if I find a close dupe you bet I’ll post about it! More details in my post here.