Notoriously Morbid had a ridiculous Black Friday Sale, so I grabbed a few things and they are finally here!
I already have a Notoriously Morbid Glass Lip Tint in Glass Berries and I love it so much I wanted to get some of the others too. I really should have gotten Apples as well and completed the set! Autumn Flower and Helluva Lover were brought back as part of the permanent line up, Autumn Flower a super pretty purple with blue shift, and Helluva Lover is a gloss styled after the bright red Rocky Horror Picture Show lips! Sparkle Horse was just for Black Friday and Cermet & Paesh was the Black Friday GWP.
The Notoriously Morbid Glass Lip Tints and their Coffin Kisser line are one of my favorites!
Right now I have a Lemon Pound Cake Coffin Kisser from another order way long ago. These were my HG until Ten Three Labs rolled into town(see my review here), but the Coffin Kissers still have a place in my heart(and dresser!). I have come to realize that I like rotating between balms anyways, all the formulas I like are a little different from each other, so this works well for me.
They have also switched from the Oval tubes to the Round ones. I liked the oval ones, but it’s not a huge deal. I do wish they would change to a different label material, the paper labels get pretty beaten up. I do like that they came sealed and wrapped individually(the baggie they are in is a little much, but I think it’s to keep it nice while in inventory).
- Bloody Velvet Cake Coffin Kisser($3) – Red Velvet Cake scent, goes on smooth and moisturizes well
- Ingredients list: Beeswax, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Jojoba Oil, Flavor (Includes essential oils, natural extracts & artificial flavors)
Notoriously Morbid came out with their Glass Tints last fall. I of course had to jump on them because I love lip tints! I am still learning to deal with wearing lipstick all day and sometimes I don’t want to deal with sticky lip gloss. Notoriously Morbid Glass Lip Tints are perfect for that! I’ve only tried one other indie lip tint, but it was kinda gritty and I’ve heard reports of most of the other ones being gritty as well(has to do with the re-crystallization with the butters I believe, more a pain to deal with than detrimental), so I was super excited when I got Glass Berries and started to use it. No grittiness at all and I’ve had it since it came out!
- Glass Lip Tints($4) – Comes in flavors/tints of Berries, Apple, Peaches, and Strawberry.
- Ingredients list: Beeswax, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Jojoba Oil, Flavor (Includes essential oils, natural extracts & artificial flavors). May contain: Castor Oil, Red #7, Red #33, Orange #5, titanium dioxide.
- While these may not be the most moisturizing, as long as my lips aren’t already dry, these do not leave my lips worse than before I used them.
I really love these and I hope she continues to come out with colors.
Next up we have the Lip Glosses in Sparklehorse and Hellulva Lover!
These glosses I think I would mostly wear over top of something else. Sparkle Horse is definitely my favorite of the two. This formula is kinda finicky on my lips.
- Sparkle Horse($4.50) – A dusty mauve with golden sheen in a buidable coverage, Sparkle Horse is the perfect stand alone gloss or can be paired with your favorite lipstick.
- Hydrogenated Polyisobutene (and) Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil. May contain: Mica, Silica, Titanium Dioxide, Red #40, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxide.
- Limited Edition Black Friday Shade, sadly not currently available.
While Helluva Lover is a gorgeous red, this color is pretty finicky on my lips. It really loves settling into all my lip lines. This shade is another that was voted into the permanent collection from the Rocky Horror Show collection.
- Helluva Lover($4.50) – Deep, slightly berry red.
- Hydrogenated Polyisobutene (and) Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Carmine, Red #33.
- This one is not showing up on the website, but it is supposed to be a permanent item.
Helluva Lover leaves behind a pretty wicked stain! If I didn’t top it over another lipstick, this is probably how I would use it mostly, as a stain. Also, in the picture on the left, you can see this gloss likes to leave a nice ring around my lips as it wears off. Usually it goes around the outside of my lips as well, this picture isn’t as bad. For that reason, I would like to have something under in the hopes it would fade a little better without that ring.
And last, but not least, we have the eye shadows!
Autumn Flower was voted into their permanent collection and I had to grab a sample. That blue shift is gorgeous!
- Autumn Flower($1.25 for a sample) – A regal dusty purple with a gorgeous blue/green shift. She stands by her husband and her captain.
- Ingredients: Mica, iron oxide, titanium dioxide, tin oxide, silica, magnesium stearate, ultramarine.
Cermet & Paesh was a Gift w/Purchase for black friday. There is still some mini overstock on her website!
- Cermet & Paesh($2.75) – No official Description on the website, but a sparkly silver.
- Ingredients: mica, titanium dioxide, tin oxide, carmine, iron oxide, ferric ferrocyanide, silica, calcium aluminum borosilicate, ultramarine, magenisum stearate.
And that is it for my little black friday order! I wish I had grabbed more, but I can’t go too crazy. :p
The one thing that was kind of annoying was that I ordered on Dec. 1st and it wasn’t shipped out until Jan. 14th. Their TAT is normally 10-14 business days(they are one of the indies that take a little longer in getting things out), so that went WAY over. I knew IMAM hugged indie companies pretty hard so I wasn’t too upset waiting. I did get a tracking number on Jan. 4th, but it never updated past “pre-shipment” and the next day she posted on facebook about a number of packages not moving past that stage and to contact her. So I did and got added to the repack list, but an ingredient for Glass Peaches had not arrived yet, so I had to wait a few more days for that to arrive.
Now, even with all that rigmarole, Carrie was great in communicating on Facebook about the order status and she always answered any messages I had for her right away. When she said she would have the missing ingredient by weds and my order would be shipped the following day(she also offered to send it in two shipments so I wouldn’t have to wait for one item, totally amazing of her to do, but I didn’t need them THAT badly for her to send two shipments.), she did exactly that. When it arrived I also had a code for a free full size eye shadow for my wait as well!
She is also moving to an inventoried system as well, so what you see in stock, she will currently have on hand, which should also bring her TAT down a bit.